Tuesday 17 May 2016

Zero Gravity

WOW ... Water in Zero Gravity

In Kōtuku, as part of our science work exploring friction, we discussed the role of gravity.  We all knew that gravity was the force that kept us 'grounded' and stopped us floating up into the sky.

But ... what is it like to actually live in zero gravity? 



Published on Apr 17, 2013
International Space Station commander Chris Hadfield soaks a washcloth, gives it a twist, and...well, you'll see.


International Space Station commander Chris Hadfield soaks a washcloth, gives it a twist, and...well, you'll see.

Something to think about ... What do you think it would be like to live in zero gravity?  What other everyday things would be a bit weird or challenging?  How would zero gravity impact on our experiment exploring friction?

11 comments:

  1. It is very interesting to see the reaction of water in zero gravity it sticks and act like gel!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really would like to touch that face cloth. I wonder what it would feel like floating in zero gravity/ space. Olivia B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the water was making a bubble around his hand I would like to learn more about it.Brie Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Zero gravity is the best! Olivia B

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing.I beat it would be hard to wash his hands
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to experience being in zero gravity and the water in zero gravity was really cool.-Sophia.w

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing I wish I was up there .Holly-Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. The water looked like it was sticking and it looked like gel
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is awsome! Now I know more about space and gravity

    ReplyDelete
  10. The water coming out of the cloth looked incredible.
    just imagine washing your face.
    I wish I could do that.
    Nevaeh

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was odd Ayrton 🐼

    ReplyDelete