Monday 1 May 2017

Christchurch Rocks

Christchurch Rocks

(From the 'Christhchurch Rocks' Facebook Page)


Some people in Waka Pūhara have been out and about hunting for rocks.  That may sound a bit strange, but have a read of the article below about 'Christchurch Rocks' ... this may help you to understand why hunting rocks can be so much fun!


(From the 'Christhchurch Rocks' Facebook Page)







(From the 'Christhchurch Rocks' Facebook Page)



What is Christchurch Rocks Page about (Facebook)

Our very own Dustin!  I found him on the 'Christchurch Rocks' Facebook Page.  
Here he is, proudly displaying his rock find.
Thanks also for bringing this rock (and another one) into school to show us.


Challenge:  Tell us about your 'Rock Hunting' experiences.  
(If you have a 'Rock' photo, email it to Ms Steans ...  k.steans@saintmarks.school.nz and she will add it to this page.)


7 comments:

  1. I found a rock at a playground near my house it was on a platform it had a love hart and purple in the background I don't now if it was a chch rock but it looked like one laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chealsea & Harriet
    We have been reading about rocks and it is very interesting we have found out ALOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia:good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Clara: I can't wait to find a rock.Also I might make one and put it in the city.🍁

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you find the rocks? sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosa. I have quite a lot of these Christchurch rocks and I found them at a playground near my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amelia:once i was digging in the sand and i found one ! It was a blue one with green spots!

    ReplyDelete