Waka Puhara Year 4 & 5 Home Learning
- What number has 2 thousands, 6 hundreds, 9 tens, and 8 ones?
- How many tens are in four thousand, five hundred, and fifteen?
- How many ones are in two hundred and eleven? How many tens?
- How many ones are in four hundred and six?
- How many hundreds are in seven hundred and eighty three?
For this task, you need to use the spelling words we use during this week,
and put them into interesting sentences. Be creative!
For example; The colour of the classroom was a putrid and disgusting
combo of unhealthy greens and nasty browns.
- Mr Gordon’s spelling class:
2. Mrs Bigelow’s spelling class:
Bible Verse: Easter
As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on
the right side, and they were alarmed.
“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He has
risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.
But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you
will see him, just as he told you.’ ”
- Who might that white robed figure be?
- Where was Jesus laid to rest?
- What does Easter celebrate/remember?
You are expected to read 20 minutes every night. Make sure you are
bringing your library books to and from school so you can enjoy them.
If you want suggestions for books to read, ask your teachers.
Here are the symbols that represent the sports in the Gold Coast 2018 Common
wealth Games. Fill in the name of the sport for each symbol.