Tuesday 28 February 2017

Shrove Tuesday

Pikelets and Pancake Racing


Today in Kōtuku we learnt about the history of Shrove Tuesday.  We thought it was a great idea to follow the tradition, established many years ago, of cooking up some pikelets to help us remember what the day was all about.  We enjoyed eating them too.

Mōkihi invited Waka Pūhara to join with them in doing some pancake racing ... it was lots of fun, and we discovered that there was a lot of pancake flipping talent out there!

Our expert crew of measuring and mixing ... Sandy, Isla, Meg, Rosa ...


Some of the team get stuck in to cooking up a storm ... Sandy, Isla, Chelsea, Ella and Liam.


Dustin shows off his flipping skills.

The race is on ...

Nevaeh and Ayrton ...

Neck and neck ...

Nevaeh's serious flipping talent.

8 comments:

  1. Rosa. I liked making the piglets it was so much fun.👌🏽😍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isla - I loved making the pikelets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ana- loved eating the pancakes so delicious 😋

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esha:I whish I could eat it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get a turn by flipping the pancake but it was really fun watching it 🥞🥞

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saffron,the pancakes look soo yummy.😇😁😊☺😄😇

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saffron: those pancakes look AMAZING.��������������������

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nevaeh: I remember the pancake races when I began
    school. I've enjoyed this day every year.

    ReplyDelete